Why consider the FLIR M400?
The FLIR M400 is a gyro-stabilised multi-sensor marine thermal imaging camera with an advanced 640 x 480 sensor and 30x zoom lowlight camera for commercial vessels, superyachts and leisure craft, in an incredibly compact housing
The FLIR M400 marine thermal imaging camera is a versatile, high-performance pan/tilt marine camera system designed for best-in-class short and long range target identification.
The M400’s advanced 640×480 sensor delivers crisp thermal video images in total darkness and lowlight conditions. An integrated HD colour visible camera and tight-beam LED spotlight augment target identification for added safety.
The FLIR M400 has a continuous optical thermal zoom lens (up to 4X) that allows operators to see other vessels and targets at longer ranges. Active gyro-stabilisation ensures a steady image, plus radar tracking and optional video tracking keep potentially dangerous targets in view at all times.
Short and long-range detection
Recognise marine traffic and key landmarks at night using continuous variable zoom from nearby buoys in channels to key landmarks, such as islands or docks
Enhanced target identification
The FLIR M400 includes InstAlert™ mode to display the hottest object in shades of red and orange for easy identification and IceAlert™ that enables identification of floating ice by depicting the coolest objects in shades of blue and green – plus radar integration
FLIR M400 features
- Thermal imaging camera and low light camera – the FLIR M400 combines a high resolution 640 x 480 thermal sensor with 1x to 4x optical zoom ranging from 6° to 24° (horizontal field of view) and a HD colour lowlight camera with 30x optical zoom.
- Digital Detail Enhancement – DDE assures a crisp thermal image, even in scenes with extreme temperature dynamics.
- Gyro-stabilised – ensures steady viewing in heavy sea conditions and smaller vessels.
- LED spotlight – illuminate and identify nearby targets with the FLIR M400’s powerful integrated 5° LED beam.
- Tracking – radar integration enables the FLIR M400 thermal imaging and lowlight camera to follow radar targets.
- Easy-to-use Pan/Tilt system – utilising an intuitive joystick control which allows the captain to see 360° horizontal and/or +/-90° vertically, offering excellent situational awareness.
- Lightweight and versatile – can be installed at any position on board, ball up or down.
- Remote control panel – a remote Joystick Control Unit (JCU) is rated to IP66 and operates the Pan/Tilt, zoom, camera switch, image quality and on screen menus. Additional JCUs are optionally available for additional control locations and you can also control the FLIR M400 via PC, web browser and via integration with leading multifunction navigation displays (MNDs) via the Nexus SDK.
- Rugged housing – operates in temperature ranges of -20°C to 55°C with automatic window defrost. Two-year warranty extended to three years on registration.
- Display – images can be displayed on virtually any existing multifunction display that accepts composite video such as a chartplotter, computer display or television. du Pré Marine can supply suitable displays if required. Interfaces include dual, independent H.264 Network Video Streams, HD-SDI Lossless Digital Video Interface, High Definition Serial Data Interface, Broadcast-quality video output, HD video over coax cable, Switchable Composite Analog Video Output (SD) NTSC or PAL.