The most advanced M-Series marine thermal imager yet, based around a cooled Mid Wave Infrared (MWIR) thermal sensor with excellent short range and ultra long range target detection
The M500 cooled thermal imaging camera is FLIR’s most technologically advanced M-Series camera yet, bringing features hitherto unavailable on a camera of this size. Its cryogenically cooled Mid Wave Infrared (MWIR) thermal sensor provides excellent performance close-to, or at extreme range, with 640 x 512 pixel definition, 1x to 14x optical zoom and a field of view between 2° and 14°.
The M500’s advanced features include gyro stabilisation, video tracking and radar integration. An integrated HD colour visible camera and spot-beam LED spotlight augment target identification for added safety.
FLIR’s Digital Detail Enhancement provides a crisp thermal image, even for scenes featuring extreme temperature differences. The M500 supports video over Ethernet as well as analogue outputs. All in a package measuring 40cm height by 27cm diameter.
High definition and advanced tracking
The FLIR M500 is the most powerful M-Series camera yet, combining a massive 14x optical zoom range with video and radar tracking and gyro-stabilisation to deal with small targets near and far.
FLIR M500 features
- Thermal imaging camera and low light camera – the FLIR M500 combines a high resolution 640 x 480 cooled thermal sensor with optical zoom ranging from 2° to 28° (horizontal field of view) and a 1x to 14x optical zoom with a HD colour lowlight camera with 30x optical zoom.
- Digital Detail Enhancement – DDE assures a crisp thermal image, even in scenes with extreme temperature dynamics.
- Gyro-stabilised – ensures steady viewing in heavy sea conditions and smaller vessels.
- LED spotlight – illuminate and identify nearby targets with the FLIR M500’s powerful integrated LED spot beam.
- Video and radar tracking – radar integration enables the FLIR M500 thermal imaging and lowlight camera to follow radar targets and utilise video tracking.
- Easy-to-use Pan/Tilt system – utilising an intuitive joystick control which allows the captain to see 360° horizontally and/or +/-90° vertically, offering excellent situational awareness.
- Lightweight and versatile – can be installed at any position on board.
- Remote control panel – a remote Joystick Control Unit (JCU) is rated to IP66 and operates the Pan/Tilt, zoom, camera switch, image quality and on screen menus. Additional JCUs are optionally available for additional control locations and you can also control the FLIR M500 via PC, web browser and via integration with leading multifunction navigation displays (MNDs) via the Nexus SDK.
- Rugged housing – operates in temperature ranges of -20°C to 55°C with automatic window defrost. Two-year warranty extended to three years on registration.
- Display – images can be displayed on virtually any existing multifunction display that accepts composite video such as a chartplotter, computer display or television. du Pré Marine can supply suitable displays if required. Interfaces include dual, independent MPEG-4, H264 or M-JPEG video over Ethernet plus switchable Composite Analog Video Output in NTSC, PAL NTSC or PAL formats.