The perfect portable thermal camera hardened for security use, the FLIR LS-XR offers 640 x 512 resolution, 2x, 4x and 8x zoom, simple control, video output, a red laser pointer and battery life of >5 hours
The FLIR LS-XR offers similar performance to the maritime-focused Ocean Scout 640 but in a housing with subdued colouring suitable for security duties and with a red laser pointer for target identification. It is the most capable version of FLIR’s LS Series range of handheld thermal imaging cameras, offering an astonishing 640 x 512 high resolution thermal detector and 2x, 4x and 8x zoom. This is the kind of performance hitherto only experienced on very high end cameras. Anticipated detection range for a person is 1100m and a small craft or similar 3000m.
The FLIR LS-XR is also suitably rugged and submersible, rated to IP67 and drop test rated to 1m.
Control is via large, simple buttons on the top surface of the camera, which are easy to operate, even with a gloved hand. Start up time is in the region of 1.5 seconds and battery life when operating circa five hours.
See past the smoke
FLIR thermal images can reveal intruders using smoke and heavy foliage as cover
FLIR LS-XR features
- Detector – 640 x 512 VOx microbolometer
- Field of view – 18° x 14°
- Zoom – 2x, 4x and 8x
- Built in display – 640 x 480 LCD with user selectable black hot, white hot and InstAlert™ colour palettes to enable you to view objects of different temperatures, in the hues that you personally find most intuitive
- Video output – the Ocean Scout 640 supports composite video output
- Added security features – the FLIR LS-XR incorporates a red laser pointer to aid target identification
- Battery life (operating) – circa 5 hours
- Rugged construction – rated to IP67 submersible, drop tested to 1m and capable of operating at temperatures between-20°C to 50°C (-10°C to 50°C for laser pointer)
- Weight – 340g
- Size – 17cm x 5.9cm x 6.2cm