Advanced thermal imaging with a cooled detector and multi-bay platform to match the most demanding applications with small vessel detection out to 6.8nm and manoverboard detection to 4.9nm (MU)
FLIR’s high end MU-Series models feature a cooled midwave, high-resolution 640 x 512 pixel thermal camera with a 14X optical zoom that offers between a 2° and 28° field of view.
The MU-602C model includes a high resolution 550-line colour camera offering 28X optical zoom. The MU-602CL adds a low-light black and white camera. The MU-602CLW also adds an uncooled VOx detector producing thermal images of 640 x 480 pixels that provides multi-spectral capabilities.
FLIR’s MU-Series offers the very best in multi-sensor thermal image camera packages for maritime applications today. All versions are powerful, gyro-stabilised, with continuous 360° pan and ± 90° tilt. They offer four payload bays with future-proof upgrade possibilities.
The FLIR MV and MU Series offers a total of four camera payload bays
The cooled midwave, high-resolution 640 x 512 pixel thermal camera of the MU Series offers a 14X optical zoom and produces images with an improved level of detail and man overboard detection up to 4.9nm
FLIR MU-Series features
- Pan/tilt all models in the MU-Series can pan 360° continuously and tilt ± 90°. This provides excellent situational awareness.
- Active gyro-stabilisation provides steady imagery, even in rough seas; this is critical for getting the most out of the long-range imaging capability of the FLIR MU-Series.
- Radar tracking enables operators to use the FLIR MU-Series to identify and track specified radar returns, enhancing vessel safety in low visibility conditions.
- Video tracker the user can select a given target that can be automatically tracked by the video tracker. Selecting and engaging in tracking mode is easily done by the touch of a button. Once the tracker is engaged, the camera will follow the object as long as it can be seen.
- Picture-in Picture (PIP) mode with PIP two sensors can be displayed on a single display. The user can select which sensor to display as full screen.
- Digital detail enhancement (DDE) assures a crisp thermal image even in scenes with extreme temperature dynamics.
- Continuous optical zoom the FLIR MU-Series has a continuous optical zoom on the thermal image allowing to have a closer look at objects which are far away.
- Ball up / Ball down installation the FLIR MU-Series can be installed in ball-up or ball-down position, giving you more flexibility installing it on your vessel.
- Input power camera head 12V-24V DC
- Operating temperature -32°C to +55°C, automatic window de-icing and demist as standard
- Water ingress rating IP66
- Control Ethernet connected joystick unit