FLIR MD Series
Affordable, compact and easily integrated, with 320 x 240 and 640 x 480 resolution options on a fixed mount
The FLIR MD-Series offers a fixed mount marine thermal imaging camera at the lowest yet price point in the maritime range, in a modest form factor suitable for the smallest boats and tightest installation locations.
The MD-Series is offered in two models, the MD-324 with a 320 × 240 sensor and the MD-625 with a 640 x 480 sensor.
Both models output analogue video that can be viewed on a wide range of marine electronics and monitors. The MD Series is powered through a PoE Ethernet connection.
The FLIR MD Series uses a fixed head but adjustments in pan and tilt are possible prior to locking the unit off when installing it.
FLIR MD-Series features
- Thermal imaging camera – the best technology for night vision usage.
- Choice of systems – the FLIR M-324 utilises a 320 x 240 VOx Microbolometer sensor offering a 24° x 18° field of view with 2 x e-zoom. Typical useful range is 440m for man-overboard applications and 1340m for spotting small vessels.
The FLIR M-625 utilises a 640 x 480 VOx Microbolometer sensor offering a 25° x 20° field of view with 2x and 4x e-zoom. Typical useful range is 930m for man-overboard applications and 2800m for spotting small vessels.
- Designed for use in harsh maritime environments – FLIR M-Series cameras operate between -25°C and +55°C and are extremely rugged. The core is rated to IP66 and is well protected against humidity and water. A built-in demist on start-up system ensures a clear lens.
- Lightweight and versatile – can be installed at any position on board, ball up or down.
- Display – images can be displayed on virtually any existing multifunction display that accepts composite video such as a chartplotter, computer display or television. du Pré Marine can supply suitable displays if required.
- Ethernet enabled – for simple integration.
- Small form factor – just 18cm (7in) high.